Our Workflow Products
ORP Language Support
These languages are supported:
English - USA
English - UK
Office Routing Plus for Spreadsheets™
Office Routing Plus™ (ORP) is an international leader in sequential workflow. Our
products run as add-ins inside of either Excel, Word, or Outlook. Our Excel and Word add-in allows you to route MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 Word documents and 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 Excel Spreadsheets. Our Outlook add-in allows you to route any type of document and multiple documents can be routed for review in one routing process. Originally developed as a fix to the Missing Routing Slip problem,
ORP has developed into an enterprise solution that covers your workflow and document approval needs.
Workflow routing slip use highlights
- Document Approval
- Document and File Collaboration
- Document Signature Collection
Benefits of workflow
- Standardize document and task handling.
- Standardize document life cycle management.
- Proper tracking and auditing of business processes and document handling.
- Increased content quality.
- Elimination of risks associated with errors and omissions.
- Notifications and alerts to ensure proper scheduling and task balancing.
- Streamlining of common business processes for consistent operations.
Read more about our Workflow Methodology
Workflow features for spreadsheet routing
- Setup routing slips and route to next recipient right from within a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Advanced tracking of the status of routing documents for the routing initiator (and any other recipients can be signed up to receive tracking control).
- Works in Mixed Office Environment. Our ORP plug-in installs on and routes spreadsheet across Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets can be routed back and forth between users on any combination of the above versions of Microsoft Office.
- Linkable to Microsoft Outlook Global Address List or Microsoft Outlook Address Book. This feature allows you to choose to route recipients that are displayed in your organization's Active Directory store.
- ORP displays a message when Microsoft Excel is closed indicating the spreadsheet has an attached routing slip if the spreadsheet has not already been routed to the next recipient.
- Handles the out of office situation. Allows document to skip over the person who is out without compromising the integrity of the route path.
- Reset and Delete Routing Slip options.
- Visual status label box at top clearly shows status of spreadsheet.
- Available in multiple languages and configured for international settings (such as regional dates and times, etc).
Read more about our Routing Features
Enhancements from Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002, and 2003 routing
- Expect all the routing features found in Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002/XP, 2003 plus more.
- Retains the "return when done" option from the 2003 Microsoft Excel routing mechanism, which sends the finalized spreadsheet (with any changes) back to the routing initiator. Office Routing Plus also allows the routing initiator to optionally receive the updated spreadsheet after each user routes it, rather than just at the end of the routing life cycle.
- Better looking graphical user interface (GUI) than the 2003 routing mechanism. The three columns in the grid clearly indicate who has received this spreadsheet, who it was last sent from, and when the spreadsheet was sent, as well as who it needs to go to next.
- Use ORP together with the "track changes" and comments features of the old Microsoft Office feature set for a more comprehensive and powerful routing approval process. Toggle on/off the tracking feature right from within ORP for each routing spreadsheet.
- Routing slips work with Microsoft Office 2003 on Microsoft Windows 7 (many users who upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7 but stay on Microsoft Office 2003 find that Microsoft's routing no longer works; Office Routing Plus fixes this problem).
- For many users, the old built-in Microsoft Excel 2003 routing would throw a Microsoft Outlook security prompt every time a spreadsheet was routed. These annoying prompts will not show in Office Routing Plus.
- Supports email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, or any other email program you use. Runs on emails services like Microsoft Exchange and Gmail.
- Create a list of recipients and save this list for one-click retrieval of the current spreadsheet (or any other documents) later. Also supports routing templates.
- An option for initiators to route the updated spreadsheet to them at each step (i.e. after each recipient routes to the next person, the initiator will get a status email and optionally can have the updated spreadsheet attached to this status email). Similar feature to the Microsoft Excel 2003 "track status" option.
Read our Official Guide to the Missing Routing Slip
Practical spreadsheet routing
- Time Cards
- Proforma Reports
- Purchase Orders
- Expense Reports
Plug-in is supported on these Microsoft Excel (32 & 64bit) products:
- Microsoft Excel 2000
- Microsoft Excel 2002/XP
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2016
Supports Email Clients:
- Microsoft Outlook: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Thunderbird: 2, 3
- Eudora: 6, 7
- Lotus Notes
- Most email clients
Supports Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 & 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 & 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 & 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 & 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 & 64bit)
Supports Enterprise and Email Systems:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange / SMTP / POP3 / Gmail
- Lotus Domino
- Microsoft Windows Terminal Services
*Requires same specs as Microsoft Office, OPR works as an add-on
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
- We recommend installing the compatibility pack for Microsoft Office 2003 users interfacing with 2007 or greater**
* Microsoft Office 2010/2013 Requirements (learn more
* Microsoft Office 2007 Requirements (learn more
** Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack (download
" Thanks to the Office Routing Plus Add-in, our teams are back in
business routing documents for review purpose. Without this valuable add
in, we would have to do the whole process manually, which is going to
be unsustainable. Thanks again! "
- Steve Yuen, IT Analyst, Johnson & Johnson Inc.
" The Office Routing Add-in allowed us to quickly and easily replace
the lost functionality of document routing in Office 2007 without
having to develop custom work flows through the Share Point Server - we
have been very pleased with the results "
- Kent Smith, W.C. Bradley Co.